Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Why I do, what I do


Dear WBGL,

I have recently made some huge mistakes in my life and was feeling self hatred, fear and a general feeling of unworthiness to God because of my mistakes. One day last week when I was emotionally crumbling and thinking of either drinking or suicide my radio was tuned to WBGL. You were telling the story about Steven Curtis Chapman's daughters death and how it was an accident caused by his son. You said as Steven held his lifeless daughter in his arms, he pointed to his son saying "I love you, I love you I love you" over and over again. No matter how the son hurt the daughter, the father still loved him. That was like my Heavenly Father telling me...no matter what you have done I love you, I love you, I love you. I needed to hear that over and over again to break through all the pain and unworthiness I was feeling. That hit me so hard and was so real to me, that I got through the day. We are our own worst enemy, I know this for sure. If it wasn't for that message that day, I don't know where I would be. I am so grateful for WBGL and the people who work for your station. Thank you for getting me through the day and teaching me about God's unconditional love and grace.

Stronger…Together. WBGL.

No comments:

Post a Comment